The following reviews are for Cory’s Story: How One Dog Conquered Epilepsy. We’ve received most of these directly by email.
“★★★★★” – Examiner.com
Here’s the link to the 5-star review by The Examiner.com
- Your book is such a beautiful tribute to Cory’s life. I felt fear and worry in the beginning of the story but reading on to the funny antics of his enjoying the pot roast in the car (which I’m sure that Cory felt you had brought and left there just for him!), to the head in the potato chip bag, the bowling babies, the head dive into your sleeping bag and on and on! Having some laugh out loud moments is such fun!
It is my hope that those who read the story learn and understand how much you did for Cory and also all of the other “dog parents” who will learn of the dangers of processed dog food. Finding the right veterinarian and changing his diet added immeasurably to his quality of life. – Alison Astair
- “What an amazing book, Sandra! I laughed and cried; so many emotions…” – Zainab Nhaila
- …My family thought I was losing it giggling and laughing and then sobbing. But yes, it touches you to the core. It is indeed a wonderful book by a wonderful lady. – Marissa-San
- Just finished reading a wonderful book called Cory’s Story. Author Sandra DeMers tells about her journey with her dog, Cory, after he is diagnosed with epilepsy. Through Sandra’s warm and authentic words we get to know Cory, a lovable pup who runs wild, steals potato chips, and refuses to give in to the condition that …now challenges him. Sandra never stops searching for a way to help her beloved dog, and eventually she finds it! If you’re looking for an inspiring read I highly recommend Cory’s Story. – Christine Davis
- I read the whole book cover to cover, i couldn’t put it down…You took me into your world and I felt so much for you when I read about Cory’s seizures; what a scary time for you. Especially the bit in the dog park when you were trying to keep other dogs away from him—I did not know other dogs would tend to attack when a dog was having a seizure… – Nikki Brown
- Hi Sandy, I ordered “Cory’s Story” from your site on Thursday, received it in the mail today (thanks for the prompt shipping!) and I am already finished reading it. Lucky for my I had some free time because as soon as I opened the envelope all I wanted to do was read it! As an owner of an epi dog myself (Jack 3 1/2 year old Weimaraner), I felt you did an awesome job describing the emotional aspect of canine epilepsy, as well as the disease itself. The thing I loved the most though was that the book was about Cory’s life, not his disease, and it encourages me to live each day with Jack to the fullest. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, it was well written, entertaining, touching and informative (I love your website too). I think Cory would be so proud. – Kris S.
- Dear Sandy, we just got back from a road trip from Silverdale to Denver and I read Cory’s Story twice. Once to myself and enjoyed it so much, I read it aloud to my husband. – Julie D.
- Loved it, was a book you can not put down. – Lorie G.
- OMG Sandra beautiful story!!! Had me laughing so hard at some of his antics. Some of them reminded me of Kaydee. Frisbee/ball, loving kids, squeaky toy… I feel you should write a sequel. Memoirs of others who have followed your path because of Cory’s Story. Thank you for giving me HOPE, a hope I have been desperately seeking, fighting for but did not know where to go. – Lynn H.
Video Review by Nikki Brown, the UK Dog Whisperer